Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Health & Beauty
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Is this Diet and Exercise Plan good to lose 3 lbs a week?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 AM

Default Is this Diet and Exercise Plan good to lose 3 lbs a week?

hopefully your thyroid problem is leveled off, but oftentimes that will prevent you from losing weight, regardless of what you do and eat

I'm 34, 5'4" and weigh 183lbs.I'm trying to lose 3 lbs a week by doing thisiet:Whole Grain Bagel with whipped butter and a skim latteYogurt and fruitVegetable with beans soup, fish or meat, rice or potatoes and saladYogurt and fruitVegetable with beans soup and fruit(sometimes a eat a slice of bread too for dinner if I'm hungry)Exercise (60 minutes)S - YogaM - Triple Fit (combination of cardio, legs and arms)T - Spinning (45 min.) or Elliptical (90 min.)W - Triple FitR - Spinning (45 min.) or Elliptical (90 min.)F - Spinning (45 min.) or Elliptical (90 min.)Sat. - Triple FitWhat do you guys think? I also have a hypothyroidism that's being treated and my levels are ok. I also don't want to hide behind this problem.Thanks for your help.

Yah! sounds great!

Well i suggest you start eating healthy if you go Wheat free,No pastaNo pizza,and no breadStart walkingthen start running, youll lose 25 lbs per month

I see problems. Your diet has too many carbohydrates. Matter of fact it's nearly all carbohydrates (bagel, yogurt, beans, rice, potatoes and fruit). Too many carbs will cause blood sugar spikes which create cravings and keep the weight from coming off. You need less carbs, more protein. The exercises look good. Suggestion, use whole grain toast (11 carbs) instead of bagel (60 carbs). Read the labels on yogurt, it can have up to 40g of carbs. Fruit has carbs too, but they are healthier, however you don't want to mix yogurt and fruit, you're overloading on carbs. Bottom line, if you are trying to lose weight, fruit, vegetables, green salads (easy on the dressing) and low fat white meat (turkey, chicken breast, white fish). The meats will be an excellent source of protein. Ever see one of those plates that has 3 sections? 1 section is about 1/2 the plate the other two are about 1/4. Your carbs and protein should be the size of the 1/4 portion and the salad should be the 1/2 portion. Hope this helps.