Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Toys
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

If human rights in China are so bad then why....?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Default If human rights in China are so bad then why....?

Gee I didn't know human rights was so bad in China until...the media told me it was so bad. I've stayed in China on and off for a while and have experienced nothing different than here in the States as far as personal freedom went. Opposite in fact, I saw people go up to the police in China and curse them out while the police just stood there, while in NY, I saw NYPD kick and punch out people over trivial things or even NOTHING other than being drunk and mumbling at cops, let alone try cursing. As for working for low wages and being unfair, I think people need to step outside of their Ivory towers and open their eyes to reality. Because of all the demands of our Unions, jobs have left America. And really who do you think is doing all the work that no one wants in America? Illegal immigrants! Ha, many don''t even get minimal wage and many live in crammed housing like cockroaches.You know there are many people in China who now lament that China is too free! At least under Communism they were guaranteed a job, now it's each man for him/her self. People are not forced to work, they work if they don't want to starve. As for children working, in some areas, it's very poor still, would it be better for them to sit there and starve to death instead?? Perhaps they should act like Africa and beg?In America we are not as free as you think. In China it is not as not free as people think. Of course in China, one main difference is you better not stand up against or be caught conspiring against the govt, deal drugs or anything seriously criminal. Because then there's hell to pay. You know that may not be such a bad thing, maybe we'd have less crime in the USA if we followed suit. It's sure a lot safer to stroll down the street at night in a big city in China than in NY any day/night!

western medias always distort the facts,OR Only report the negative things,ignore positive things .in each nation,There are good and bad things.You must have an open and equal mind to them.I admit that we chinese can learn many things from you westerners.But this doesn't mean that you can blame us in a very unfair way,and make some baseless accusations.Another you are saying "children are made to work "............where you get to know this?All children are in the school. they dont need pay any tuition untill they graduate from middle school. SO Why not stay at school?

importing things from china is cheaper, because of the low labor fees there.

i think they should stop importing stuff but the U.S. probably are not able to make their own goods as good as the Chinese, besides, I think the U.S. will be too stubborn or lazy to do that. but that's just my opinion.

making a product has nothing to do with human rights. Just because they can produce toys, it doesn't mean it correlates with human rights.I'm an american, but lived in china for several years (dad worked at the military abroad). The human rights is not as bad as what people in america believe. The american media is putting propaganda to brainwash the public because they want you to believe communism is horrible. The chinese people have very fair laws and the people are happy (about the government, at least). BUT it is the Tibetens that are unhappy (which are the monks and the western part of china). They were their own country, but china took over them a long time ago. Now they want independence, but china says no (it's the same as hawaiians saying that they no longer want to be a part of America). Tibetien monks protested without a warrent, so the chinese government fought back and the clips of it are all over youtube, making china seem (in the eyes on america) an evil place. This is not the case. It is no different than the LA riots over here in america. Don't be a confromist to the american propaganda. America wants everyone to believe that anything besides themselves are evil and unjust. Imagine how the rest of the world views us? lol probably worst