Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Fashion & Accessories
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Environmentalists would you go this far to ease global climate change?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 AM

Default Environmentalists would you go this far to ease global climate change?

This stuff really freaks me out. In the name of the environment I think you could get away with genocide.

The main cause of global warming is electricity production from fossil fuel burning, we should put our efforts into replacing coal and natural gas with nuclear before we go after anything else (wind and ground based solar can't do the job).Of course many of the same people who would support such a ration would also support a ban on factory farming (despite factory farming being quite a bit more efficient than free range). We should be able to get increased productivity out of genetically modified foods (already doing it with crops) which would also reduce the amount of greenhouse gases emitted.

Yes, I try to follow that suggestion. Ever since I read the UN report that concluded livestock account for 18% of human-caused greenhouse gas emissions, I've decreased my meat consumption (especially beef, which I hardly ever eat now). I discussed the issue here:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=At3Wu5wGro_kzKqNkQocV_8jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid =20070905112410AAY1IqCReally it just makes sense too. It takes less resources to grow crops and eat them ourselves than it does to grow crops and then feed them to animals and then eat the animals. Eating meat is a less efficient process, and meat is also pretty expensive! Plus Americans eat way too much meat and it's just not that healthy.Of course any time you talk about people limiting what they eat, some folks freak out that the government is going to tell them what to do. Calm down people, nobody is talking about government action, we're just talking about taking the UN's smart advice.