Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Health & Beauty
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Commitment is an issue. I try to start something new, but can't do it for more than a couple of days. Help Plz?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 AM

Default Commitment is an issue. I try to start something new, but can't do it for more than a couple of days. Help Plz?

For eg, 1) I got a low score in my exam. I made a plan. But I can't seem to stick to it for more than 1 day. 2) I enrolled into yoga. Was asked to do it for 30 days. Didn't do it for more than 4 days.3) Went to doc for a serious condition. Gave me a prescription. Didnt' take the pills for more than 3 days.4) I know certain flaws in my nature(like laziness, and its really killing me. I have trouble even doing the laundry!) and I also know what I can do to solve it (like break the major task into minor steps)... but I still can't pull myself to do it. I'm practically ruining my life in the process. My life is a mess and I'm miserable. Please help me pull myself from "thinking what's wrong" to "doing what's right!" I'm totally lost...

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 AM

Default Commitment is an issue. I try to start something new, but can't do it for more than a couple of days. Help Plz?

break things up into smaller pieces try to accomplish less but enough of an accomplishment or 'congratulate' yourself for that sorta...like the enrolling in yoga is one large accomplishmentthe next one would be to go the facility to look around but not actually use it the next one would be to go to yoga (maybe not finish but who knows) etc etc...also rewarding yourself if for example starting a plan for exercising or for school (this is most likely something that doesnt give you pleasure right away so you need to help with the motivation) you can go to a park, socialize with friends, (good food as a reward might not go so well all the time), allot yourself some reward money, or anything enjoyable after you do the thing or you can do it before if it helps you get outta the house first but after is better...keep reminding yourself all the positives of the activity what good grades in school will get you and what exercising will get you and try not to overthink it if is not figured out yet completely (and overwhelminglike) like with school it will still be good to pass in any course than none at all...just dont let too many ideas overwhelm you and try to think of the positives and the possibles that will really make you feel better after you stick to it...if you do it as a routine like scheduled time of day after awhile (it seems long but its still reachable) it will become habit just have to be able to do it until you can make it one...make it more enjoyable while you are doing it (while exercising have good music, or good tv show, good a/c whatever that will make it more enjoyable or do it with a friend)you can also if you have a friend or family member who is willing allot time to spend with them to study or exercise with them(some lacking in motivation for themselves sometimes find it decent to schedule the event studying or whatnot for someone else, if you put it on your calendar you might not want to fink out because other people will want you to be there too since it is for you anyhow).