Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export > Toys
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

A nation once proud of it's achievements now torn by the want. More for less?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM

Default A nation once proud of it's achievements now torn by the want. More for less?

America was once proud of it's products and now Americans call our own workers lazy? Lazy? We live in a country where we want more for less and less, and you dare to call people lazy? No wonder why we're in this deficit. Unions were once called hard workers, working for one another in a circle of trade. Exporting excess toys to children across the world because we were too over run.Now American workers are lucky to get a Christmas gift from their work place. Costs being cut because of less demand, and mass layoffs spreading across the nation like a plague. China will soon be us and we'll be them before Americas infiltration and industrial boom.Your greed for more for less is going to give you less. It already is. Welfare claims and unemployment claims on the rise. Hospitals laying off workers because of unpayed debts from jobless patients. I'm amazed a lot of you lazy Americans are actually angry about illegal workers. Doesn't them picking your fruit for dimes an hour make your fruit cheaper? Just like a China man making your kids poisonous toys make those toys cheaper? It's time to get your minds straight. You are most likely not going to be millionaire in your life. And if you do become lucky enough, it's because you invested in America like the rest of the world used to.

Default A nation once proud of it's achievements now torn by the want. More for less?

When you have a generation that feels that it is ENTITLED to everything, that's a problem.

Well said.It's time for Americans to start taking responsibility and quit playing the victim

The Volkswagen Beetle was the only foreign car and the electronicindustry was all American made, Europe makes goods by clock makers the US by clock watchers

Of course we want more for less. Every nation on earth wants that. All of the people want that. No kidding.Is it feasible? Nope.I would gladly buy American made products. I thought my Ford was made in the United States until I found out some or all of its parts came from Mexico or Canada, and only some of its parts were assembled here.I'll agree that the unions screwed this country. They wanted more and more for less and less. There was a time when you could walk into any GM plant in Michigan and someone would be clocked in and sleeping on the catwalk over the assembly floor, or nearby on a couch, or even clocked in and off to a soft-ball game in the middle of the day.Management looked the other way because they didn't want trouble in the "shop" and union bosses ignored or dismissed complaints of employee incompetence. And that, my friend is only one industry. Union shops had to be busted up during the PATCO strike. Air Traffic Controllers were threatening to shut down the skies over the US, which was an urgent strategic asset. Without air traffic control nothing flies safely.The bottom line is, you can blame the unions all you want. Some of the stuff they did was outrageous. But nothing compares to the rampant and wide-spread greed the has consumed this country since the go-go 80's. All of the hippies turned yuppies decided that "me-ism" and "looking out for number 1" and "survival of the fittest" meant taking everything they could, just because they thought they could. They created an entire culture of greed, fueled by excesses of all kinds and rained a sort of negative prosperity on us all. Their "prosperity" was to proclaim everything was for "the common good" but in reality it was self-serving tripe. The libs we see today, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, the Clintons, etc. are all people who partook of the outrageous greed and became obscenely wealthy. And now, I am afraid, we will see them in control again.For all of you who think you can JUST blame the unions, look at the bigger picture. They were a part of the problem, but the rest of it is going into the next Congress and the White House with vigor.Be prepared to hold onto your seats, clench your teeth and sphincters and grin and bear it. It will be a long, hard ride.