Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Furniture & Furnishings
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Bring furnishings from Iran to US

Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Default Bring furnishings from Iran to US

My parents passed away few years ago and I have furnishings in Iran (country of origin) to San Francisco (where I have been living since the 80's). Furnishings include some persian rugs, wooden furnitures, decorative items, and misc furnishings. Some of these could be considered antique as they are extremely old that belonged to my grandparents. None of the items has huge $$ value, but has a sentimental value for me. Questions I have are:

. how can i bring a container of furnishings to the US, a 20ft cargo would be sufficient?
. what duty or taxes will i have to pay at the port here in Oakland, CA
. does the US trade embargo towards Iran apply to my case as these are inherited furnishings with sentimental values
. what is the procedue to start the process and can somebody recommend a company who can help me out.

thanks.

M

Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 AM

The accepted acumen is that artists are built-in not made. I greatly disagree with this. I accept that we all accept the abeyant adeptness to become abundant added artistic than we are now.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM

Furniture is very important element for fashion which is mostly used every where.If you want a fun and the best creative ways to decorate your house, the room has a lot of people, you may want to look at a number of different nautical furniture. This type of furniture can be adjust in any room.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:34 PM

There are many different elements that must be met to make affordable rugs. You need to start with son are high quality to create the force that the carpet must be durable and reliable.