Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Where have you traveled that you would recommend to me?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Where have you traveled that you would recommend to me?

oh, Mexico, it always calls me , i just love it and have travelled extensively there and can't wait to go back , just try it once , and not in a 5 star hotel

Come to Texas! Also, go to St. Louis or Chicago. Kansas City is cool, too. Gulf Shores, Alabama is awesome. Dallas is the coolest part of Texas in my opinion. I've also enjoyed Houston and El Paso. Austin is cool, too. Dallas is the best, though. The houses here are amazing. Go to a Cowboys or Stars game! In St. Louis, go to the Arch or the Galleria. In Dallas, there's amazing resturants like Buca Di Beppos, El Ranchito, Corner Bakery, or Texas Land and Cattle. I love Rockport, Maine. I used to live there and It's so pretty!

Come to Europe!

Do Interrail and travel through many countries in the space of 2 weeks! It's fantastic and very doable if you explore cheap interrail tickets.

Or you could just try Italy and travel through that country. English is fairly widely spoken and if that fails most people will understand Spanish as the languages are so similar.

What's more, the country is absolutely STUNNING, especially Sicily, Naples, Rome, Siena, Florence and Venice.

Lot's of people from the U.S are interested in tracing their family ancestry, aren't they? Visiting a place where your family's roots are can be fascinating. Someone else mentioned travelling by train around Europe. That's a great experience and good if you're on a tight budget. English is so commonly used- you would have no problems communicating.

I live in Ireland- can't compare with mainland Europe for decent weather, but it's a beautiful wee country and people are very friendly

Though this answer is going to shock you, I can recommend

IRAN.

Despite the differences with the US Iran is a very safe country to travel in. This is especially true for a solo female traveller. All over the Middle East Western women are percieved as loose and looking for sex. They get hassled a lot - but not in Iran. The men there don't even dare to look at you the wrong way.

The biggest difficulty of travelling in Iran is 1) getting the visa and 2) that very few people speak English. For you this is not a problem, as US citizens usually need to take a tour anyway or they will not get a visa.

A company that gets good reviews is

http://www.key2persia.com/

The people in Iran are very friendly and are always happy to meet tourists. An American-Iranian girl took pictures of me at Naqsh-e-Rostam, she wanted to have proof that "normal" tourists came to her country too.
The view most westerners have of Iran is so totally warped by the politics of the government, the country and its people do not deserve this. Iran is very beautiful country and very easy to travel in. Iranians travel like crazy within their own country, hotels are almost everywhere. Buses and trains go into every nook and cranny of the country, the public transport system is excellent.