Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

So if I understand this correctly, we absolutely NEED a car if we have a baby?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default So if I understand this correctly, we absolutely NEED a car if we have a baby?

Aw this is so frustrating I had to post my question here. We have a 9 month old and we live near to a huge shopping mall so a car for us has been unecessary.

But now that she is over the size limit for her infant car seat we are to buy one of those car seats that are bigger. (Laws in Quebec). But whenever we would go somewhere we would bring our travel system and it would be no problem.

We just bought our graco deluxe quattro stroller and now when we want to take a cab where on earth are we gonna put that humongous car seat? mall lockers are tiny!!

So does this mean we can never travel anywhere with our baby besides family and the mall across the street ??

So I guess we need a car?

Default So if I understand this correctly, we absolutely NEED a car if we have a baby?

A car makes it a lot easier!
However, where I live if you tell the cab company the age of your children (I have a infant & a toddler) and they bring the proper carseats for each child. I am not sure if they offer anything like that where you live or not. It's something to call different cab companies and ask about though!
When my car broke down, I had to use a cab for several days- they just had the cab driver throw the carseats in his trunk when we were dropped off- so he could pick up other people and when he came back he put the carseats back in.

If you don't want to get a car you can invest in a carseat with wheels...I use it when I fly...makes things so convenient...but it may work for you...it's called the sit n stroll by triple play

http://www.lillygold.com/sns.html

good luck

Where in Québec are you? You might want to check out "car-sharing."

http://www.communauto.com/

We used that in Ontario for a while; some of the cars have car seats in them...

Not necessarily. It will make it more easier, but it's not a must hav.e

They have strollers with car seats attached. I know you just bought a nice stroller, but I think you should return it and invest in a new one.

That way, you can bring the stroller and the car seat, and when your in the car, use the car seat as a car seat, and when your walking, put the carseat in the stroller as a chair.