Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Best cell phone for travelling across Canada and into the US for two months?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Best cell phone for travelling across Canada and into the US for two months?

My wife and I are retiring and moving to the Okanagan Valley in BC. With our stuff in storage, we will be travelling across Canada for a month and then through the US for a month. We don't have a cell phone now, but would like to get one that we can use to send and recieve calls while we are travelling. Calls will mainly be between us and family in BC and Quebec. We also want to make local calls in the places that we visit. Hopefully, we will also be able to use the phone when we settle down in the Okanagan. Can anyone help us figure on what plan or prepaid plan would work best for us? Does a prepaid phone card work with a cell phone? I have heard that we might use that as an option for our calls from the US to family in Canada.

Thanks Lowrenzo

Default Best cell phone for travelling across Canada and into the US for two months?

I can't speak about the best plan for you to travel... Because it depends to the service provider and the roaming rate it have...

But I can say the best phones to travel, are the ones which have more bands... I think a Quad-band cell phone is the best...

verizon wirelss is a good plan. Verizon has a good network.