Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Future US annexation of Canada - 51st State?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Future US annexation of Canada - 51st State?

I was in oil sands rich Canada over the weekend and now that their dollar is almost equal to ours and since most of them speak English why doesn't the US annex Canada and make it the 51st State? From what I could see their infrastructure looked to be very good and most people seemed well educated so I think this would be a huge plus making the US a much stronger country and it would be fun to travel to Quebec to speak French - I saw plenty of Coca Cola and Levis and Gap stores too so I don't think many Canadians would mind or notice. Things would pretty much stay the same for them but we could finally get the oil out of the Northern Provinces.
What do you think?
excuse me but this question was meant for Americans not Canadians
I guess they can't think of a name for the provinces so they just call em territories whatever those wastelands are called I want them so I can fill my BMW with gas for LESS MONEY!

Ha Ha, do you honestly think that Canadians would embrace this. They have health insurance coverage, less crime, and less poverty than the U.S. Every election year I hear a ton of people threaten to move to Canada from the U.S. if so and so wins.
Administrator

NO canadians want to be part of america.... EVER... soooo good luck with that...

excuse me... but dont you think canadians would have opinions on this crazy question??

That will never happen. Remember we won the war of 1812. Unfortunately we do have to trade with the U.S., and we did have a conservative P.M. who tried his darndest to make love to the States (Mulroney) but in spite of him and NAFTA(his doing) we still remain fiercely and proudly independent. We may not be a nation of flag wavers but we love our country. CANADA, despite any faults...(long winters)

sorry, freedom remember, anyone can post here!

I didn't know that peddle cars where made by BMW...lol