Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

If you overstay over 3 years in US and return to Mexico, can you pay a fine and be able to return?

Old 06-15-2008, 06:04 AM

Default If you overstay over 3 years in US and return to Mexico, can you pay a fine and be able to return?

I really need help on this issue. My husband left the US after overstaying 3 years and we hadnt filed any immigration papers. so he has no legal status here. He said that he went to the Embassy in Mexico and was able to get authorization to travel back to the US. I do not believe him and I want see if anyone knows about this matter. I do not want him back here. I filed for divorce and now all of a sudden he wants to come back. He left me with two small children and left me with nothing and everything. I do no want him back here. Please HELP!
He said he had to pay a fine. And I know he has a permanent par and cannot come back here for 10 years

Default If you overstay over 3 years in US and return to Mexico, can you pay a fine and be able to return?

No. Unless you filed for him to come back, his chances of getting back on his own, legally, are nil. He's a liar, but then, you probably already knew that. If he shows up, call DHS and let them know that he has a permanent ban from the US. They should pick him up quickly. You may even want to alert them that he is trying to re-enter. You can't pay a fine on a permanent ban. He may be bribing someone, however. Notify DHS.

He is acting like the typical illegal that gets banned but comes back any way. The times have changed though. The next time he gets caught it won't be just another deportation for him. He will be doing some prison time

What sort of visa did he have, and what was he applying fo? If you've never filed immigration papers for him, if he did indeed apply, it's hard to say what it was for. No one would approve him for a tourist visa if they knew he overstayed in the US for 3 years, and legally, it's a visa ineligibility that lasts 10 years. Under some circumstances, it is possible to apply for a waiver through USCIS, but they charge a filing fee, not a fine. There are no fines in immigration law that can be paid to make ineligibilites go away. You certainly could contact the US embassy there. I'm sure they would put a lookout for him in the visa data system if you did. However, this won't keep him from entering illegally.

no he cant come back unless you petition for him. and even then he might not be able to.. as it stands he is banned for 10 years i think.