Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

im travelling next year on a gap year, where are the best places in the USA?? (I'm from england)?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:59 AM

Default im travelling next year on a gap year, where are the best places in the USA?? (I'm from england)?

im travelling next year on a gap year, where are the best places in the USA?? (I'm from england)?

Default im travelling next year on a gap year, where are the best places in the USA?? (I'm from england)?

The Gulf Coast of Florida is beautiful and there are lots of things to do in Fla.
San Francisco is a wonderful place to visit.

Las Vegas is always fun! Also go to the beach! England is always so cold! Soak up the sun.

New York and Philadelphia. There are LOADS of free things to do in those two cities. They are about 1.5-2 hours away from each other.
New York- The Brooklyn Zoo/Botanical Garden is free on Wednesdays

Regis and Kelly tickets are free, you just have to schedule in advance, also check out other talkshows that are filmed there

Stanton Island ferry is free, you can see the Statue of Liberty from it.

Metro cards- a day pass is 7$, a week pass is 25$, this includes cabs and I don't know what else.

You could either take a train (NOT AMTrak) or buses to Philly. You can get a day pass for the bus or pay for the train to New Jersey Transit to SEPTA (S. East Pennsylvania Transit Authority) which will bring you right into Philly. You can get another day pass here for 6$ that will include cab, metro, buses but NOT trains.

Here the Liberty Bell, where they signed the constitution and visitors center are all free.

Right around the corner is St. Joseph's, the 1st Catholic Church in US, it is unique because it was built when the Catholic faith was persequtted. It doesn't even look like a church, just a colonial building until you get inside.

Then there is a hella lot of shops to look at.

New Orleans is pretty fun too. Jet Blue flies out of New York to the N.O. MSY airport for pretty cheap, 1 way tickets.

Then there is a lot of things to do there that are free as well. It has been a while since I have been there but I do remember I spent very little money for the amount of fun I had.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Wilmington, NC.
its beautiful if i do say so myself. we have many beaches so you could go to one of them, it summer time so its fairly hot. you could also go downtown to the riverfront, they have old stores and restaurants. admittedly were a city so theres traffic and im not quite sure if its very busy there but here, its really busy. any way just a suggestion.