Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

can green care holder travel to canada w/o visa?>?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 AM

Default can green care holder travel to canada w/o visa?>?

If whatever country you visit requires citizens of the country where your passport is to have a visa, then so do you. Your green card is irrelevant.

Canada:
Visitor Visa Exemptions
Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:
persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence;

Mexico:
If you are a citizen of:
You can enter Mexico without a visa showing your passport and the "migration Form for Tourists, Transmigrants, Visiting Businesspersons, or Visiting Consultants", which you can obtain from travel agencies, airlines, or at your point of entry into Mexico.

This option also applies for permanent legal residents in the USA, Canada or Japan, regardless of nationality.

You will need what is required of a citizen of your country of origin for Europe last I checked.

I have 10 year GC, if I decided to go to canada or europe, wil I be required any visa?

yes ! greencard holder can go to canada with out visa,and u can stay in canada up to 6 months. You can go any where with a greencard,only some countries u will need visa.
However, remember that EVERY TIME u come back to the US at the airport, border,they will swipe your greencard in the computer to see if your name in the FBI database,wanted list, or if u have any criminal offense BEFORE they let u in.
make sure u have no criminal offense, if u do, DO NOT TRAVEL or you will not allow to come back in.