Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

What are the forms and procedure I have to go through in order to receive a student visa?

Old 06-14-2008, 09:46 PM

Default What are the forms and procedure I have to go through in order to receive a student visa?

I have a friend who is 16 years old and is a Mexican citizen. She would like to get a student visa so she can travel and study in the USA. We would like to know what are the steps to getting a student visa. If someone can give me an answer of the exact step by step (preferable someone who has gone through the process) will earn 10pts!
So, in this case would it be easier to apply for another type of visa rather than student? She is only a highschool student and won't be in college until 3 more years. Do you know of any other options that would facilitate and ease her case?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:00 PM

Default What are the forms and procedure I have to go through in order to receive a student visa?

Well first you have to be accepted in a school " university or College", once you have that, that means you meet the schools requirement, and the school will send you something called I-20! Then you go to embassy, I thik you will have to take your bank statement that you have fund to support your self, your highschool records, TOEFL scores, SAT scores, I-20 and be prepare to answer the quesions they will ask!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:15 PM

If she needs to finish HS her chances are between slim and none. Now if she is a HS graduate, she needs to find a college or Univ that she will be accepted to. After she is admitted then she needs to provide a letter from a bank showing she have the funds to live and study here. It used to be about $20,000, now I do not know how much because each college or univ has different tuition and cost of living. Most foreign students can not get financial aid or jobs while they are studying here. I worked a State Univ. for many years