Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Can i go back to my country if i get a green card thru marriage ?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Can i go back to my country if i get a green card thru marriage ?

I got my status from Asylum With Holding granted 2 years ago and INS didn't allow me to apply for green card from my case. So now i can't travel out from USA. Now i will get married with US citizen soon. I heard a new immigration law that said if somebody got their green card thru asylum cases, they can't use their green card to go back to their own country otherwise they can't come back to USA anymore. So, i'm wondering, can anybody give me a good answer, can i use my green card thru marriage to visit my country by the time i got an asylum with holding granted right now ...

Old 06-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Default Can i go back to my country if i get a green card thru marriage ?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
the above link is to check your status.

as for gettng married for a green card, you can but you will get a conditional green card because you have been married under 2 years.you will have to hold the conditional green card for 2 years and file to remove the conditions 90 days before the 2 year period.you wont be able to go out of the US for a bit of time though.

and make sure the marriage is real, not just so you can get a green card or they can ban you from the US for life.