Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

My first time traveling to Motreal, Canada for 4 days...?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default My first time traveling to Motreal, Canada for 4 days...?

Its my first time traveling to Montreal, what would be best location for me to stay in (any hotel suggestions?) what would be best places for me to visit, suggestions for night life? restuarants, theaters...
out of those 4 days one day i would probably want to take a day trip to quebec, any suggestions on good tour guides, and what to see there.

Thank you

have a nice trip..

unfortunately, i wasn't able to check in on any hotels near the border of CA and NY since it was busy then, i ended up going back after 5 hours of crossing, lol...

Le Que De Cheval is the absolute best restaurant in Montreal. I usually like to go gambling one night, catch a freaky live sex show at one of the clubs, visit the botanical gardens, and shop my butt off. I either stay at the Hilton or at Le Hotel Du Montainge (may have spelled that one wrong, it's on Rue Levesque). Have fun, Montreal is a blast.
Administrator

The Delta Hotel is in a pretty good location, as are the Sheraton (there's a Four Points on Sherbrooke also), Intercontinental, Hilton and Ritz. Pick a hotel that is closest to what you want to see. I'd suggest Old Montreal and probably Rue St. Laurent and Rue St. Denis. Also check out McGill's campus if you're interested. At the intersection between Prince Arthur and St. Laurent there is a pedestrian only segment you might want to walk down. There are restaurants and stuff there. If you walk further up St. Laurent, you will hit Schwarz's, the famous place for Montreal smoked meat. Great for lunch but beware of the lines. Other restaurants include Laloux and L'Express that are probably more suited for dinner. Old Montreal also has its share of good restaurants. I don't usually go to the theaters much so I can't really comment on that. For night-life, check out Rue Crescent, Rue St. Catherine around Rue St. Denis isn't bad either. Metropolis usually has some concerts and stuff. There is also a wide selection of clubs. If it's 3 am and you still feel like partying, hit up Stereo on Rue St. Catherine for some afterhours. A great bar would be St. Sulpice on St. Denis. It has a terrace out back and the bartenders are pretty nice people. Have fun!