Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Planning trip to Montreal, Quebec city and Ottawa?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Planning trip to Montreal, Quebec city and Ottawa?

In a perfect world yea this could work but life isn't perfect and with the time avaiable to you I'd drop the Quebec city because you are going to be spending your weekend just driving. Also you are going to be travelling with a little one and take it from me they are HIGH maintenance at that age, (diapers, feedings, etc)

To see the best place of the three I'd choose Quebec City very nice VERY French and just blow off the other two. The airport in Montreal is on the same side of the city as the highway to Ottawa so possibly a better choice would be to tour Montreal then go to Ottawa and then return to Montreal.

BTW when you pick up and return your car DO NOT tell the guy you went to Ottawa tell them you went anywhere in Quebec that is reasonable. This is because some companies charge extra if you go out of province

have a good trip and safe home

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Planning trip to Montreal, Quebec city and Ottawa?

I might try to do that if I were traveling alone or with just another adult but I sure would not do it with a 1 year old child. I would leave one arm of this off. Right now you land at Montreal and head west, then you retrace your steps and go east - man you are going to be driving or sitting in traffic for your entire visit. Well that is an exaggeration but not a big one. Quebec City is celebrating it's 400th and I would expect it is going to be a hub of tourist traffic.

1 year olds have a habit of not sitting quietly for hours on end and the days of turning them loose with some toys in the back seat are over - they must be seatbelted in. I think you need to think long and hard about your kiddies ability to travel that much with that kind of restriction.