Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Is there a requirement to how much money you have to have when traveling to Canada from the US?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Is there a requirement to how much money you have to have when traveling to Canada from the US?

My boyfriend from the US is going to be coming to visit me in a few weeks here in Canada. I was curious is there a requirement to how much money is needed to come visit me? He doesn't have alot of money atm, and I will be supporting him while hes here as well. He'll probably be staying like 4-5 weeks, but won't have much when he comes.

Default Is there a requirement to how much money you have to have when traveling to Canada from the US?

That should be okay.

They restrict how much you can bring into Canada, but they don't require you have enough.

He needs to prove that he has enough money in his bank account to support him during his stay in the Canada. The problem is that if he says that you (his G/F) is supporting him, then they MAY interpret that as him moving here to Canada to live, without a PR visa, and he may be denied.

I suggest that he has a LOT of money in his bank account, so he can show the bank statement to the immigration people.

If you plan to visit Canada, you must:
-have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.