Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Does a U.S. citizen need a passport to travel by automobile into Canada as of 2008?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Does a U.S. citizen need a passport to travel by automobile into Canada as of 2008?

I have friends going this coming week Sun-Thur. So I know that as of right now, no passports required...they said they are going now because next yr, passports are required. But ID's are required at the border.

Default Does a U.S. citizen need a passport to travel by automobile into Canada as of 2008?

If you are driving to Canada, then no, you do not need a passport to cross the border. You and your fiancee must, however, have a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID to show to the customs officer. For the children, just the birth certificates will be fine.

Me and my fiancee and two children [ages 2 and 3] was planning a trip to niagara falls for a about a week.Then we heard u need passports in order to go and come back home.Is this true?If so where do i get passports and how long will it take for us to get them?my fiancee has the 25th of this month till the 9th of next off from work so that only gives us like a week before his off days from work start.I really hope it doesnt take long to get them thanks in addvance to everyones answers and help!!