Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Food & Beverage
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Ok who wins?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 AM

Default Ok who wins?

You want to eat spotted owl? All 4 billion of us really need ot do is turn a few lights off every now and again. Surely even a squirrel eating one tooth can manage that much towards the environment for the next generation to inherit?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 AM

Default Ok who wins?

I think talking is a great plan so we could all discuss these ideas. I am sorry I just don't know where to start with this question. There is so much information in it. It would be great if you could break your ideas down so we can answer the best we can.I do like the statement you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. First we must decide what we want to catch and why? Then what we are going to do with it when we have caught it. This may sound daft but it really is important to be clear about what we are wanting to do. I will answer my own question: LOL. I want to catch the attention of people who leave lights on. Why because it saves electricity and it is easy to turn off lights if we are just a little more careful than usual. Then it saves us money too. Great all round. Now comes the really difficult part. What are we going to do with all these people who now know that turning lights off is better for the environment AND SAVES MONEY?Because: Most of them will ignore us. Some may laugh, a few may be convinced and want to save money so start turning off the lights. Over time many of these will return to their old light leaving on habits.So what is the solution to this? You and I know that leaving on lights is bad for the environment and is costing lots of money. So how do we encourage them to DO it? You obviously spend a lot of time thinking about these issues. So it would be great if you could help me work this out.