Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Looking for a good breeder in the southeast united states

Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM

Default Looking for a good breeder in the southeast united states

pupcity.com
nextdaypets.com
puppy-stork.com
puppydogweb.com
qualitydogs.com
k9stud.com
these are all websites that have breeder advertisings on them. I found my puppy at pupcity. Reputable breeders usually have a website, and I wouldnt buy a pup from a breeder that didnt have one. Look for sites that show past litters, and pups in their new homes, come with a health garuntee. Some breeds have breed-specific diseases and health problems that are mentioned on the websites, and a good breeder would have their dogs tested for these problems before they breed. All of the pups should be family raised, and kept indoors, and up to date on their shots, and wormings.
Also, have you done your research on these breeds? Im not sure if you have a family or not, but the husky and the duck tolling retreiver would make a better family pet, dalmations tend to be "one person" dogs. I had a dalmation when I was a kid, and it didnt take us long to realize this. They also are known for some behavior issues. The duck tolling retriever will enjoy time outside, and will more than likely wander off when it is left unsupervised. These dogs have tracking and hunting in their blood, so it is in their nature to react on instinct.
Huskys are also highly energetic, and will run all day long if you let them. I wouldnt want one here in the southeast unless I was going to keep it indoors. I do know a breeder in Jackson, GA that breeds them, and they all seem so miserable outside in this heat. They get stressed out and "blow" their coats. They have a litter due at the end of August and they are called Siberian Royalty.