Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Question about getting from Port Coquitlam to Vancouver?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 AM

Default Question about getting from Port Coquitlam to Vancouver?

I am moving there next year and I am currently looking for somewhere to live. Is it possible to catch some sort of public transport (bus or train) from Port Coquitlam to British Columbia Children's hospital in Vancouver? And if so, is it one easy route and how long is the travel time approx.?
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 AM

"Hi"......I have to admit that living in Port Coquitlam and heading into B.C. Children's Hospital on Oak St. every day would be a rather long haul in fact proably at least 2 hours maximum ,and a minimum of 1 1/2 hours each way !

I've thought it out and I think the best way would be to take the Bus from Port Coquitlam to the Braid St. Sky Train station and then Sky Train to Broadway ! Catch the 99 bus right at the Broadway Station and down to Oak St and off the bus .. Then catch a bus going up Oak to the Children's Hospital .

What you need to do is "yahoo Translink"!

Here's a site that might help a tad.....http://www.i-move.ca/Transit

As I say you couldn't get farther away and even in a car it's at least 45 minutes or so !

I'll see if I can come up with a better route and do an "add on" but I doubt if I'll find one .

As concerns Port Coquitlam....great place and lots of shopping and real nice parks and nice areas to live and raise a family, lots of activities ! It's right against the mountains so rather nice.

New Westminister and Burnaby are closer and if you could get somewhere along the Sky Train route that would be perfect and they are nice communities also ! *S*

Here's a map showing Port Coquitlam and Vancouver and you can play around with the scale on it....just to show you where the Hospital is in relation to PoCo...thats what we call Port Coquitlam ! *L* It's and endearing term however ! *S*
http://www.hoteltravel.com/canada/vancouver/burnaby_map.htm

Sorry to tell you about the route to work however ....but hope it helps anyway ! *S* (Michael C)

As my collegue Ed P has suggested there is the West Coast Express....but that takes you right down town and you are still quite a distance from the Hospital on Oak St. .
Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 AM

I have a MUCH easier solution
You should stay in Australia with me and then getting to bilgola to avalon to see me you can just use your mums car or maybe public transfer from the bus near your house!?!
GOOD IDEA ELIZA

why did people give me thumbs down :|
Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 AM

i am in the u.s.a.

from

oswaldeugene@yahoo.com

xoxoxoxo
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 AM

West Coast Express train in the morning returns later . I suggest Metrotown In south Burnaby We live there and happy The mall has 500 stores and a sky train station plus bus exchange Its very central