Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > China Travel Talk > Travel America - America Travel Talk
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

How far can I travel from the coast into the Gulf of Mexico with my boat which is a Wellcraft Fisherman180?

Old 06-15-2008, 06:04 AM

Default How far can I travel from the coast into the Gulf of Mexico with my boat which is a Wellcraft Fisherman180?

How far can I travel from the coast into the Gulf of Mexico with my boat which is a Wellcraft Fisherman180?

Default How far can I travel from the coast into the Gulf of Mexico with my boat which is a Wellcraft Fisherman180?

Depends on your fuel capacity, fuel consumption, quality of your communications and navigation equipment and skill in using, experience piloting in all conditions, etc., etc. etc.

Depends on the weather and how much gas you have . You could go all the way to Cuba or Mexico if there were no wind and you had enough gas and would have no mechanical problems.

well lets put it this way 1/3 tank of gas to get there 1/3 to come home and 1/3 to have as a safety net
but if you have a 30 gallon tank i would go out about 10 miles on a nice day well craft is a good boat

18' is a nice calm sea length. . If the seas are calm, 1-2', you can go out as far as you have gas for. In calm seas you might get 3 miles per gallon ? Take into consideration that the wind may change or pick-up & decrease fuel mileage. You could carry 1 or 2- 5 gal. cans of gas & extra oil for insurance. Make sure you have US Coast guard stuff, I got stopped at the mouth of Mobile Bay last month. I saw a flat-bottom aluminum boat in the ocean that was 4 or 5 miles out. Be careful, watch the forcast & seas,,