Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Agriculture
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Should the US choose a source other then corn for alt fuel E85, import/grow sugar cane for one?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 AM

Default Should the US choose a source other then corn for alt fuel E85, import/grow sugar cane for one?

We don't grow enough sugar cane in the US to make ethanol..when sugarcane is used, they make the ethanol from the leftover stalks, not the cane itself.....Ethanol can be made from any vegatable product or by-product ( corn stalks, grass clippings, sawdust,etc...)They use corn because it's easier...As to the rise in food costs, this isn't due to the use of corn for ethanol.. it's because oil prices are driving up transportation costs....Oil companies started the rumors because they saw that they would soon be displaced.....

Default Should the US choose a source other then corn for alt fuel E85, import/grow sugar cane for one?

How about putting all our Politicians in a Big Warring Blender and pouring them into our gas tanks! At least this way they will be good for something!

Yes we should use sugar cane it just makes more sense then letting people starve.

well, sugar cane is probably the worst idea i've heard in a while considering the ONLY place in our country that it possible to grow is Hawaii. But yes, other sources are needed. the human race has known how to produce a combustible fuel out of grass longer than it has known how to make gasoline out of oil. it's time we start living differently and the current situations will force us to make the change. i truly hope we run out of oil soon so it makes us look for better answers.

we should not burn our food for fuel, that just goes to show how fucked up people are, use hemp seed oil instead, and no do not let food growers switch to growing hemp, but rather make all new farms to grow hemp for fuel and leave the food alone including sugar, i like sugar in my coffee not in my gas tank