Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Agriculture
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

what do americans need ethanol for?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 AM

Default what do americans need ethanol for?

Bush decided to back ethanol as a possible alternate fuel. It can also be mixed with gasoline to create a cleaner burning fuel. Going the ethanol root is really quite stupid because we need food from our farmlands. Ethanol from waste vegetation is good though and will also help create fertilizer.Corn is the worst way to create ethanol because of its inherent costs in fertilizers, equipment and fuel to produce. Bush never thinks.

Because we still do not understand that energy on the earth is fixed. Ethanol is not the answer, conservation is. When the government gets involved in anything, it goes bad. Pump tax payer money into ethanol plants and now I cannot afford my corn chips. Free market, not government.

Gas fuel and alcohol. that's all i know

The ethanol thing really bugs me. As a farmer, it bothers me because it has driven up my grain prices when I need to buy feed for my cattle. Its great that we are looking into alternative fuels, but very few people can actually use ethanol in their vehicles because the engines are not suited for full on ethanol use. I think we should be looking at different technologies and stop focusing all our resources on ethanol.

You're using up all that corn for producing ethanol. Not only that but you're spending a LOT of money on ethanol imports. Here (Brazil) we use it for car fuel and some industrial needs. But... what do YOU use it for?The US are the greatest buyers of ethanol in the world. What for do you need it so bad?The american media has been kind of lying for you about Brazilian ethanol policy because the US government must protect their own interest. That's all very comprehensible actually but here are the facts:Sugar cane plantation has not been stripping bare rainforest. It has been occupying cattle land and it is concentrated on Bahia and the south area, far away from the rainforest.The spaces where cane has already been growing are improving productivity with farming technology, an investment taht became interesting once sugar cane prices started raising on fuel-use account.The main appropriate critic on sugar cane platation is social sustainability, which appropriately handled can actually be a chance of improving certain brazilians' working lives.Fact is you buy ethanol, so you must need it. I'm asking because I didn't know why. For example I didn't know you had flex cars.