Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export > Automobile
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

how is the japan auto market with usa autos!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Default how is the japan auto market with usa autos!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

how is the auto market for the usa to japan do they buy alot of american muscle cars alot of muscle cars to mod and race how is importing and exporting i cant get a understandment as to how good it is i want to ship muscle cars mod cars and stuff but dont whats up please help !

Old 07-04-2009, 01:04 PM

Do you mean sort of those classic Firebird GTO, Cobra, or Camaro things?Most of all Japanese don't pay any interest on American muscle cars but economical and die-hard Japanese and/or German cars. Yes it is true even still some limited markets about what you're talking exist on but those business are not so picking up very well in this recession mode.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:13 PM

I think you should buy marketing data from research company like Yano-keizai. Anti-Japanese people have been interfering with getting correct answers here. If you want to get reliable data for business, Y!A is not a good place.If you want to know how many American cars are running in Japan, you can use live cameras using internet. Maybe you can't find any because American cars are not appreciated in Japan. As bluemoonmemory said, there's a very small limited market in Japan. Gangster-like boys love American cars. But they don't have enough money for you because of this serious recession. Do you know "Shaken(車検)" system in Japan? Maybe the regulation called Shaken is as difficult as understanding Japanese market for you. You have to exchange direction signals, etc. US makers ignored it, and shops had to do them by themselves. US makers were too arrogant. It is one of the reasons US cars are not appreciated. I think you have to understand those things before shipping to Japan.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:23 PM

Jishow: Bluemoon doesn't have the only good answer, yours is also very good. Most young Japanese males I know are not interested in American cars. That may be because it's not their taste, but also because they only see them in movies. It is very rare to see an American car in Japan. They are so big for Japanese streets, with the handle on the wrong side, so they are a bit impractical in Japan. You would have to consider the price of not only the car but also the shipping. Then especially since I think you are talking about older cars, what happens when the owner needs a new part? Having to sen away overseas and pay for the shipping again and wait for a part while your car may not be running for two months is not what Japanese people are used to. I'm sorry to be so negative, but I think you deserve an honest answer. Good luck.