Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export > Food & Beverage
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文




What will food and services cost when we deport all Mexican workers?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
click click is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 80,139
Feedback: (0)
Default What will food and services cost when we deport all Mexican workers?

You are brilliant. How did we get along without them.
Reply With Quote




  #17  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Flory Flory is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,880
Feedback: (0)
Default What will food and services cost when we deport all Mexican workers?

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever read.I want the two minutes of my life that I wasted reading it back.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM
help help is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,871
Feedback: (0)
Default What will food and services cost when we deport all Mexican workers?

Give it a break--the facts belowI will speak for many farmers-the 80% who don't want illegals here. Your food is covered-most farmers do not support the big corp farms who use migrant workers.less than 10 percent by Mexico (10%pickers-less10% other farm related)--the other 90% of the farms say your welcome. We don't need you -you need us. Be nice"Phillip Martin, an economist at the University of California, Davis, has demolished the argument that a crackdown on illegals would ruin it, or be a hardship to consumers. Most farming — livestock, grains, etc. — doesn't heavily rely on hired workers. Only about 20 percent of the farm sector does, chiefly those areas involving fresh fruit and vegetables.The average "consumer unit" in the U.S. spends $7 a week on fresh fruit and vegetables, less than is spent on alcohol, according to Martin. On a $1 head of lettuce, the farm worker gets about 6 or 7 cents, roughly 1/15th of the retail price. Even a big run-up in the cost of labor can't hit the consumer very hard.Martin recalls that the end of the bracero guest-worker program in the mid-1960s caused a one-year 40 percent wage increase for the United Farm Workers Union. A similar wage increase for legal farm workers today would work out to about a 10-dollar-a-year increase in the average family's bill for fruit and vegetables. Another thing happened with the end of the bracero program: The processed-tomato industry, which was heavily dependent on guest workers and was supposed to be devastated by their absence, learned how to mechanize and became more productive."If every illegal alien here today currently left America, the immediate economic impact would be insignificant and over the long haul, the impact would likely be negligible. Got it! Employment-the same-thing-not much of an impact do your research here. We manage well before. Quit looking for excuse like the big corps do. We will have some shortages--but because of drought and other things------I know corps will say different---get informed. Stop the spread of lies.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 PM
decade decade is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,381
Feedback: (0)
Default What will food and services cost when we deport all Mexican workers?

Not near as much as its costing us to keep them here. Do not let the Libs in Washington BS you.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


| Business Forum | Toronto Chinese

All times are GMT +9. The time now is 01:35 PM.


All rights reserved. Copyright 2007 Made In China Talk