Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Jewelry & Eyewear
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

15 year old jewelry business-drowning!?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:28 AM

Default 15 year old jewelry business-drowning!?

I agree with the first answer. You're marketing in the wrong places. What you might do is find some local community business groups, like the area board of realtors, chamber of commerce, kiwanis, lions, rotary, and see if any of them are doing charity fund raising involving auctioning items; if you put a piece or two in those, with NICE brochures for everyone, you'll reach people that buy $100 earrings, not $10 earrings. If you do custom work, you can put in a certificate for a custom piece instead, but you want something folks can see to build your name with that crowd.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:33 AM

Default 15 year old jewelry business-drowning!?

I used to make jewellery years ago just for a hobby but know the field is very difficult. Did you take any contact info from people who have bought from you in the past? In the future you could ask if they want to sign up for a "First to know" sort of list and be offered items first or special deals. Are you able to get out to the stores with some of your jewellery to show them and who might order from you? I know in my city that the local art galleries and museums take hand-made items in their shops. No idea if they sell though. Do you know lots of people? Maybe you could have a little party at your house and showcase your work? Do you update your website every week? Do you have new product every month? Sometimes you can just move items around on the page or change the descriptions. Are they photos excellent? Do you have a local business Chamber of Commerce? You could go to meetings and hand out some brochures or show your items. Good for networking, plenty of female business owners now. Do you have those all-girl pamper party events in your city? I went to one and they were excellent for networking, I got many business cards. Best wishes!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 AM

Your marketing in the wrong place. You might do is find some local community business groups, such as the area board of Realtors, Chamber of commerce, Kiwanis, Lions, Rotary, see what they are doing fund-raising auction;
Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 AM

If you go into the fast world of fashion of silver jewelry, you will face pressure to constantly come up with a new look and the new design. In some cases, you may need to a new collection every season.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:34 AM

Ethical Fashion is an idea to take the fashion, however, after the fashion in a way that the organic standards. These standards for fair trade in mind while buying and wearing fashion items. Fair Trade principles for workers who work on the fabric.