Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Jewelry & Eyewear
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

will some one plz read this??

Old 07-03-2009, 06:02 PM

Default will some one plz read this??

plz read ths and tell me what ways I can improve it! and give your opinion.Quartz is one of the most abundant and widlyspread of minerals in Earth's crust. We have virtually no hope I runing out in your or my life time. It is made up of one atom of silica and 2 atoms of oxygen. It has a hardness of 7 on Mohs Hardness scale and a density of 2.65. This makes it harder then most minerals and extremely resistant to chemical and meachanical weathering, which allows it to form almost anywhere!Quartz is part of the silicates class, and the subclass of tectosilicates. Quartz and most of the other Quartz Group members are also classified here as silicates because of their structural and property similarities to other tectosilicates But, stishovite, for example, has properties and structure more closely related to the minerals of the Rutile Group and is therefore classified as an oxide. Thus, even though quartz is scientificly classified as in the silicates group the true classification of all the quartz members is still being debated and is undecided at the moment because, of the many versions of the mineral itself. As much as we over look this mineral we don't relize how dependent we are on it.What Are The Uses Of Quartz?Like I said, this mineral is VERY overlooked by a lot of people. These people don't realize that almost all the electronic things around them have this mineral in them. All the electronic things we use everyday such as, cell phones, your radio, your television and even your computer have this mineral in them! This is because, quartz is piezoelectric (It can produce electricity when preasured by sound waves.) But how is Quartz placed and used in these things? Well, Thin wafers of quartz grounded to the precise thickness, can transmit sound waves at fixed frequencies, making them invaluable to the things I mentioned earlier and more! A lot of electronic things probably wouldn't function as well without this mineral.Even most of your jewelry has this mineral in it! This is because, quartz can be used in gemstones such as, Bloodstones, Agate, Tigerseye, Citrine, Carneian, Onyx and Sardonyx. What qualitities does quartz have to help us?Quartz has many qualities theat help us in our everyday lives for example, because of its ability to rotate the plane of polarization of light and its transparency in ultraviolet rays it is used in heat-ray lamps, prism, and spectrographic lenses. Used in the manufacture of glass, paints, abrasives, refractories, and precision instruments.Also Cultured quartz,” that is, quartz crystals grown very carefully in highly controlled laboratory conditions, is the quartz that is used in industry. About 200 metric tons of cultured quartz is produced each year. In the production of cultured quartz crystals, a “seed crystal” is needed. A seed crystal is a small piece of carefully selected, non-electronics-grade quartz. The manufactured crystal grows on this seed crystal. Seed crystals of quartz are called lascas. The United States is 100% dependent on imported lascas for manufactured quartz crystals.SO WHAT DOES QUARTZ LOOK LIKE?The quartz color variation is amazingly variable. Quartz can be almost any color as well as colorless. Even though it has many colors it is almost always transparent. It crystallizes in triangular form and is found in a well-known pyramid-like configuation with various lusters. However, some versions of quartz look nothing like this.Quartz is one of the most abundant and widlyspread of minerals in Earth's crust. Although, a lot of people overlook it they don't realizes how dependent we are on it and that things probably wouldn't function as well as, they do with out it.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:08 PM

Well, I read it like you asked. It needs alot of work but I'm not doing your homework for you. There's a forum for that. Thanks for the points.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:13 PM

I didn't read the whole thing, but there are a lot of spelling errors (mostly made from you trying to hurry, I'd bet.) Also, try not to use the words "I" and "you" when writing reports! There are a few other problems, but if you correct those the paper will be much better.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:19 PM

Not trying to be harsh but I strongly advise you to proofread your essay. Especially the last sentence, it doesn't seem right in grammar. At the same time, your essay is too informal. Even if you want to keep the informal style, you can at least have the courtesy to your teacher to write "relize" as "realize" in first paragraph. At the same time, I think all that you're saying is too brief and just from the article, all that I found useful was the fact that quartz was piezoelectric. However, I do think you can spend more time on writing how it is piezoelectric and how it works in electronic devices.Work Hard!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Your language is too informal. You don't write a formal essay like you would talk to your friends at the lunch table. (Eg. "so what does quartz look like?; and that things probably wouldn't...; most of your jewelry...). Remove all words that begin with YOU. Some commas are missing.