Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Jewelry & Eyewear
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

What should I get for my girlfriend when i go to Europe this summer?

Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Default What should I get for my girlfriend when i go to Europe this summer?

Okay, I'm going to Europe this summer for 2 weeks. I would really like to get my girlfriend something when i travel there. I would love for her to have something from Europe that she knows I got for her while I was there. To show her that I was thinking of her the whole time i was gone. She told me that she wants shoes so that she can tell all her friends, "Yeah, my boyfriend got these shoes imported from Europe just for me." I think that is a pretty good idea, but I don't think shoes is the most romantic gift in the world. She would be expecting jewelry (much like a lot of girls that have a boyfriend, husband or significant other returning from a trip from somewhere far away), so I want to get her something special. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...p.s. I will be going to Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland, the UK, and Germany (not in this particular order though)

Old 07-03-2009, 02:50 PM

well, id say it would depend where in europe youre goingyou could always get her a tshirt that says the country or city that youre going to.you could get her a necklace or something with a charm on it that is a big thing in the country youre going to. like if youre going to the netherlands, then id say something with a windmill or tulip or wooden shoe. get something that the countrys known for.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:00 PM

You should really be elaborating what aprt of Europe you're going to.Europe isn't a country.Anyways, if you're going to the U.k, maybe London, then tiffanys/harrods. etc
Old 07-03-2009, 03:09 PM

get her a nice piece of jewelry from some smalls shop somewhere... if you're visiting a lot of places, get postcards from each place and when you get back put them together in a "scrapbook" of sorts (make one for yourself!)On each page, write a neat fact about it and about what you would have done if she had been with you....for example, on a page with a postcard from France, you could write"The top of the eiffel tower was voted the most romantic spot to kiss. If you were here, we'd take the elevator up to the top towards dusk so we could see the skyline of Paris at Sunset...."(I don't know if the Eiffel Tower was voted best spot to kiss, I just made it up for examples sake!)Hope this helps!