Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Jewelry & Eyewear
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Pagans, how do you feel about wearing jewelry that depicts symbols for a religion you do not follow?

Old 07-03-2009, 01:34 PM

Default Pagans, how do you feel about wearing jewelry that depicts symbols for a religion you do not follow?

Well, here I go... being non-denominational pagan, none of them really apply to "my" religion, but I purchase and wear very little jewelery to begin with. I have a certain amount of respect for all religions (Divinity = Perfection Humans = Imperfection... Imperfection cannot fully comprehend Perfection, therefore there is no such thing as a "correct" religion... anyway) and if I'm given a piece of religious jewelry, I know the significance behind it... and I realize that nearly everyone who would be giving me jewelry knows that I don't follow that religion, but I realize the intent, and wearing the piece is more a way of showing my appreciation to the person who gave it to me than an homage to the religion it symbolizes... Divinity doesn't need me to wear any trinkets to show my reverence.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 PM

Default Pagans, how do you feel about wearing jewelry that depicts symbols for a religion you do not follow?

I don't mind really because each religion is a valid path in its own right. I'd love to have a pendant that has the symbols of many religions on it too.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:43 PM

My jewelry is a reflection of who I am, and I wouldnot wear anything that is associated with a causethat I do not fully support.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 AM

Silver is considered to be one of the precious metals, is used to make all kinds of things in addition to jewelry, like a mirror and frame. Who found no evidence that silver, but it is considered to be the former then began to supply the Western culture, it was first discovered in Asia thousands of years.