Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import > Office Supplies
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Why are customers in retail SO rude?!?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:19 AM

Default Why are customers in retail SO rude?!?

I don't get it!Nobody is ever nice, ever!I work at an office supply store, I'm only 19 (I'm not a 40-year-old+ who works there because I fail at life) but like, why are people disrespectful?I live in a town that has a population of 15,000+ and there's a few other towns nearby 10-25 miles who go to the main town a.k.a. mine.We close at 7 p.m. every Saturday since the past year and yet, customers ALWAYS come at the last minute and when you tell them the store is closed, they throw a hissy fit! Um, hi, it isn't my fault you don't know your stuff, man.Also, I give great customers service and people are still rude. I don't get it. I'm nice and I'm not one of those annoying employees who ignore customers, I actually am willing to help.I'm a relatively good looking kid (not weird or anything) but people are just so... annoying.And why do the general public think you owe them EVERYTHING? People take out their personal struggles out on you. Like, it makes them feel better or something. Not cool.So whyyyy?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 AM

Simple. Those people have nothing else going for them in their lives, and it gives them a sense of power for a brief moment (because you're someone they can treat like crap without repurcussions).Trust me, I've been in customer service for years, and I've figured out the psychology.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:26 AM

with me its a natural element on retail but sounds Good more http://www.ImChill.com
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 AM

its life dude that's just the fact of it , until we are united in something we will all ways be against each other, anyways in time u will be that unhelpfully guy that isn't nice
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 AM

couldnt be your attitude to older people could it . and considering you are 19 thats EVERYONE in the working world.failed in life? you are the one who is about to fail in life if you dont get off your high horse and recognize that customers are the ones who pay for everything in your miserable life