Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export > Food & Beverage
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Please help me. Tell me in brief about IQF(Individually Quick Frozen) Technology?

Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 AM

Default Please help me. Tell me in brief about IQF(Individually Quick Frozen) Technology?

I want to know how IQF works, Purpose of IQF, How is it helpful In Vegetable and Fruit exports.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:37 AM

Default Please help me. Tell me in brief about IQF(Individually Quick Frozen) Technology?

IQF foods are packaged that way for the consumer. It allows you to buy, say a 10 # bag of chicken breasts and to thaw only the amount you need, not the whole bag. I've been to many food processing plants. Usually what they do is--clean the food product--trim any fat necessary(for meat products)--then the food is put on a conveyor belt on a single layer--then the conveyor takes the food through a deep freeze area, freezer--thus flash freezing the food rapidly---then it's packaged and distributed for sale. But still the primary reason is to allow you to thaw and use only the amount you need. Some other abbreviations you might encounter:RTU-- Ready to useRTE-- Ready to eat